- Services & Programs
- Adult Services
- Children Services
- Transportation Services
- Business Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Dream Playground Project?
The Dream Playground Project is a community project that built the only 100% accessible playground in Kenosha, WI. This project has been funded, built and enjoyed by our community. The playground spans 15,000 square feet and required $1 million dollars in funding. Our community built the playground piece by piece and together we made the dream a reality!
What is All-Inclusive play?
The KDPP design team, Play by Design, believes in providing shoulder-to-shoulder play for children of all abilities. We comply with ADA playground guidelines. All safety surfacing is wheelchair-accessible and includes ramping so that children can play with elevated components. Components are also included for children with visual, hearing, developmental, emotional and social impairments.
What is Accessibility?
Play by Design strives to create designs that offer the greatest number of play experiences for the broadest possible range of abilities by working closely with members of the community (such as children, parents, therapists, and teachers) in order to enrich the content of the custom design.
What are the benefits of an inclusive, accessible playground?
* Increase physical activity for children and adults of all ages
* Increase recreational space for people with physical disabilities
* Increase recreational space for people with sensory sensitivities
* Increase community pride
* Increase family bonds as families are able to play together regardless of
age or ability
* Increase visitor and consumer traffic to Kenosha
* Increase opportunities for older adults to enjoy physical activity
* Increase opportunities for those with physical, hearing and visual