Early Head Start Program
Early Head Start provides weekly home visits for income eligible families who are pregnant or have children under the age of three. During the home visits, parents are taught educational strategies to insure their child builds a strong foundation for school readiness. Home visits also focus on parents' goals to move their family closer to financial self-sufficiency. This federally funded program serves nearly 100 families who reside within the Kenosha Unified School District boundaries. Services are provided at no cost to the family.
What can parents expect?
- Parent Participation in their Child's Personalized Learning Program through the Parents as Teachers & Growing Birth to Three Curriculum
- Weekly Home Visits
- Help in Accessing Community Resources
- Assistance in Obtaining Prenatal, Health & Dental Care
- Fun Family Events
- Guidance in Setting & Reaching Family Goals
Who is eligible?
- Income Eligible Children Ages Birth to Three Years and/or Pregnant Women
- Living in the Early Head Start Service Area
- Programming for Children with Disabilities is Provided
Persons interested in learning more should contact:
Jill Sorensen, Early Head Start Coordinator at
262-658-9661or click here to submit this email form.